1) Kids slept until 7:40 & 8:00 am yesterday. OMG. Is this the dawn of a new era? (I hope so!)
2) I am 60% over my cold. I am dying to run and resume normal routine but wasn’t quite ready this morning. Hopefully tomorrow.
3) Re: running – I think I am going to try to average 20 mi/week in August. Right now it’s more like 16-17 mi/week. This should be doable. This will begin my (slow) ramp up toward half-marathon training starting in October.
4) The weekend was pretty nice despite all of my whining yesterday. We made it to a family brunch and then a birthday party yesterday. Annabel watched Song of the Sea both days during C’s nap.
5) We are in the process of finally starting to finish our bedroom. We have been living without a closet (yep!) and sleeping on a partially broken IKEA bed for the past 3 years, so it’s time! Has anyone tried a Casper mattress? We are considering it. I actually do NOT like super smushy foamy feeling beds so I am a little worried that I might not like it, but they do seem to have a great return policy.
Re: closet, we are going to have some built-in wardrobe elements installed along one of the walls in our bedroom. Hopefully coordinating this won’t be as difficult as I am envisioning.
6) Aaaand C is up 🙂
from the weekend
. . . . aaaaand then he scraped his nose on the pavement.
future bullet journalist
this morning (from the planner insta which is still making me happy!)
I’m curious about the Casper mattress too. I read recently that West Elm is going to start to carry them, so you will be able to try out in a store.
A new bed makes a huge difference. We had a new mattress on an old bed and upgraded this weekend and it is amazing! I also replaced my big wardrobe with a nice bamboo clothing rail – it fits in with my minimalist tendencies / 90% dress wardrobe and frees up some space – big bedroom with awkward walls and jutting out corners. Now I just need to buy matching hangers as it bothers me to have a mix of different ones on view.
We got a Casper mattress just about a year ago, and I am OBSESSED with it. It’s the best mattress I’ve ever had. It is not at all mushy or foamy feeling… it’s really comfortable, but nice and firm and supportive (and I do also love a nice, cushy hotel bed that you kind of sink into). I am so, so happy we bought it! I was also a bit nervous about it – whether it would be too hard, or too soft, or too mushy, or too hot (I run kind of hot when I sleep) – but we have loved it from day one. And if you really don’t like it within those 100 days, Casper will send someone to pick it up, and it’ll either get donated or recycled, depending on regulations in your area. I’ve even heard that Casper often sends out mattress toppers and such to customers who aren’t 100% sold on the comfort of the mattress. Can’t recommend Casper highly enough!
We have the Tuft and Needle – same concept, but most reviews say it’s firmer than the Casper ( and a bit cheaper as well). We love it, and the customer service was amazing.
Keeping an eye on the comments because my husband has been getting back pain recently and he thinks its our (10 year old) mattress.
Our kids slept until 7:45 yesterday, too (and so did I—crappy on & off sleep, but still)
I wonder how much the lack of closets motivated your minimalist wardrobe…its a lot easier for me to justify keeping things because I do have the space for them (we have his & hers walk in closets, small-ish but still super luxurious; G added some shelving, hooks, drawers etc… in mine for even more storage. PLUS we each have a dresser)
We have a casper also! Just got it two weeks ago because it came recommended and its amazing return policy so we figured there was no loss in it. The first few nights weren’t great but now I love it. I don’t find it super mushy at all but its nice because I cannot feel my husband flop around on the other side of the bed!
Love love love my Casper mattress!!
One of my husband’s best friends started Casper. I’ve slept on it and many friends and family have one. It’s great! Not a foamy feel. Told you to look into it!
Just came here to comment that i also have and LOVE my casper (I’m going on 15+ months with ours). The 100 days came and went without either my husband or me noticing!
I don’t have a casper mattress, but I am commenting to say 7:45!! Oh my. I was up at 4:30 this morning with the little dude (granted, it was because he crashed at 6:30 yesterday– his sleep is just off). Since I am exactly one year behind you, here’s hoping I have just one year to go of this!