1) There is something about the beginning of the year that feels disorienting to me. Maybe it’s the new planner. How are we 1/3 through January already!?
2) The kids often seem to play better together when I ignore them. (They are currently absorbed in LEGOS while I write this). Wonder if this tactic is in the parenting books!?
3) Tahini + olive oil + salt + pepper makes the most delicious salad dressing ever.
4) I think I have worn black pants (of some kind, I have 3 pairs in rotation) to work every day for the past 2 weeks. This might be my new weekday uniform (weekend uniform: jeans + striped tees).
5) A & C will often eat exactly the opposite foods from their plates. They may be doing this to play with my mind. (Tonight: served hot dogs in whole wheat buns, green beans, some raw veg with dressing to dip. Cameron ate 1.5 hot dogs, no bun, and half the green beans. Annabel ate 1 bun, no hot dogs, and all the raw veg dipped in dressing but not the green beans. Isn’t it hilarious that I used to have non-picky children?)
6) Morning pep talks in written form actually kind of help:
Finally, thank you for all of your comments on yesterday’s post! I honestly hadn’t realized how common it was for boys to go past 3 (in residency we were really taught to push for earlier . . . not exactly sure why that was the culture, but it was). I think I will just let him spend more time diaperless when it’s convenient but otherwise leave him alone for a while.
Also, I am kind of on a roll with the following in 2017 so far:
– healthy eating (generally)
– daily #happier2017 post
The year is young though . . . we’ll see how things go!
My girls play together so well if I ignore them too. It’s seriously crazy. Or when they are both mad at me- ha!
Wow. I took a picture of your plan. Just, wow. It says everything that I need to remember these days… Thanks for sharing!
(And, also, my kids play much better when I’m occupied elsewhere and start bickering when I join them… Oh well!)
Love your pep talk. Great words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing.
I made two easy New Years’ Resolutions – stop swearing and start flossing. I have only sworn 3 times in 12 days, and those were clustered at the beginning. I have to give the hubby $1 / swear that he is allowed to spend on nerd things, the worst punishment we could think of 🙂 The flossing was a non-starter but this was a good reminder.
I’m also in love with tahini right now! Yesterday, I saw a recipe to make a dip with an avocado, 1/3 cup tahini, some cilantro, juice of a lemon, salt and pepper and whirred in a food processor with a little water. I’ve been thinking about it non-stop since then.
Ah, I think some time last year you wrote a post about the mosquito mind and I commented about my revelation of how distracting my work set up was, and my own advice of one thing at a time, focus on the patient in front of me.
This is a great reminder. Love the written pep talk!