I’m ready to move on to the weekend.
I gave grand rounds yesterday. The preparation wasn’t terribly labor intensive, since I gave a similar talk at another institution in January — but it still was stressful. Apparently I am more worried about being judged by my peers than people I don’t actually know!
I think it went decently (hard to tell!) and was happy to be able to add it to my CV and check it off as DONE. I also had packed patient days Wednesday and Thursday — I think it’s the back-to-school rush, as most area schools begin next week and everyone wants to get in beforehand! Traditionally the first week of school is much much quieter, but since we have our own kindergartener starting this year it will be quite eventful for us.
A is definitely a little (maybe a lot) nervous. She’s been at the same school since ~18 months of age, and so this fall is a BIG switch for her. An entirely new building, uniforms (yes, in a public school – I think it’s a regional thing!), and much bigger kids in the upper grades. On the positive side, her school is located across the street from her old one (and Cameron’s) so at least the logistics aren’t so bad!
We’ll be going to orientation today and then Monday (ECLIPSE DAY) is go time! I do think she may cry when we leave the first day but I am trying to look at the big picture — long term, she is more than prepared and will have a great time. (I probably cried my first day too, but seem to have recovered 🙂 ).
AUGUST GOAL UPDATE:
We’re more than halfway through (not sure how that happened . . .) so I feel this is timely.
1) Launch Podcast. Guess what? Planning on officially releasing the podcast NEXT WEEK! Tuesday is tentatively launch day, but I’m hoping to announce title + other details on Monday. There will be three episodes to start with — I really hope everyone enjoys it! I’m very excited about this as you can probably tell!
2) Finalize fall activity schedule (for the kids). DONE. Between the two of them, A&C are enrolled in probably too many things, but we’ll just see how it goes.
3) Start 2016 Photobook. Didn’t happen yet. Maybe next week . . . or month . . .’
4) Give a polished Grand Rounds. Check. Or at least I think check.
5) Give interview prep session. Check.
6) 670G training. Next week I should be able to fit this in.
1) Average < 60 min on Moment daily. I was doing soooo well with this until the past few days when I ran out of books to read and started reading on my Kindle App, which started eating up minutes like crazy. I have 4 books coming from the library on Saturday though so this should help!
2) Read daily. YES, have been super into reading! Definitely leaning more towards candy-fiction (will confess I just finished Fitness Junkie by Lucy Sykes) but hey – I’m really enjoying it.
3) Take prenatal daily + eat with pregnancy nutrition in mind. Generally yes, though lately this has included nightly routine ice cream (or gelato) consumption. My weight gain has slowed down though so I’m assuming my body just knows what it wants!
4) Run 3-4x/week and strength 2x/week. Doing pretty well with this so far – last week was lighter due to sickness but overall I am meeting these goals. (All of my strength work is barre3, it’s just what works for me these days!).
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Hobonichi’s 2018 lineup is up!! I have been wavering, but am tempted to just stick with Hobonichi again next year. My system just works too well, even if it is starting to feel a bit routine. Hmmmmmm. Anyway, the new covers are viewable! The store is open for purchases in September, but it’s fun to peruse early. I feel like this means planner season has officially begun . . . if there is such a thing!