Ahhh, the pregnancy update post. Today, our baby is the size of a . . . who can keep track anymore? But all joking aside — this is #3, after all — I am not one of those pregnant women who ‘loses count’.
Probably because I don’t loooooove being pregnant. There are certainly upsides! Mostly:
– no PMS! (I mean seriously, the lack of hormone swings is actually a good thing in my case)
– people are very nice to you
– having no desire to buy clothes like I usually do, my allowance* built up so that I could spend it on bags instead
– feeling the baby move inside is very cool, and there is nothing else like it!
aaaaand . . . that’s pretty much it.
As I said: I don’t looooooove being pregnant. And I like tracking things. So I have quite the countdown going, both in my planner and in my head. I have also tracked pregnancy weight gain, which is perhaps slightly compulsive of me, but every time (3/3!) I have gained very quickly out of the gate and then slowed down like crazy, a pattern which always has me wondering early on if this will be the gestation where I end up gaining 90 lbs and birth a 10 lb baby**.
For posterity, here are 2 shots from the 30 week milestone – taken this weekend:
* yes, we both allot ourselves allowances of fun $ to spend each month, all tracked in our budgeting app/software
** I gained ~20 with A, and ~27 with C — since I gained prior to getting pregnant with A, I was the same exact ending weight both times. A was 6 lb 4 oz at 40 2/7 weeks and C was 6 lb 9 oz at 40 0/7 week. No C sections. So hopefully this situation will play out similarly.
PS – new podcast episode out today! AAAAND, we’ve recorded our first Guest Episode (Episode #11!). This one is on splitting the parental load – and I think it’s a good one!
Listen here, or on your favorite podcast app!