1) G is now 8 lb 2 oz, gaining 20 oz over the last 11 days. This makes me confident enough about my milk supply (honestly, I have a crazy amount of anxiety about this ALWAYS) to start pumping a little bit soon.
Except that I soooo don’t feel like it. I think I’ll start next week. I did end up getting the Spectra S2 pump (through my insurance) on many of your recommendations — will let everyone know my thoughts once I’ve tried it out!
2) My parents have been so helpful with A&C. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the chaos of extra bodies in our house so soon after G’s birth, but it has been so amazing to have those extra hands and the extra attention for the older 2. I have yet to do bedtime entirely by myself. I am not looking forward to it.
3) It’s almost time to transition into my 2018 Hobonichi! AGHGH! I’m now feeling angsty about the smaller pages. Hopefully I will make it work. And if not . . . it was worth a shot, because it IS extremely cute. Page shots to come, but for those interested, know that I have resurrected my planner insta: shubox_plans.
4) Listening to: SZA, Ctrl. I love how the year end lists help me to branch out from my usual musical style preferences.
5) Reading: Ready Player One. Only 30 or so pages in but I think I really like it. Also, for some reason I am on a mission to see a number of the books that will be movies this year!
6) Podcast is up (#21)! And I am beyond thrilled to announce that Gretchen Rubin (I KNOW!!!) was our guest this week — we all discuss resolutions (though there will be a more specific 2018 goals podcast to come, with just Laura & me). I was definitely star struck but I think it went well 🙂
7) I have started doing some of the breathing exercises from The Dia Method at a friend’s recommendation. Anyone have success with this? I don’t have significant baby weight to lose but I definitely have significant diastasis & extra abdominal . . . stuff. I am not in any hurry to morph back to normal instantly (I somehow care less than ever before because I know this part is so transient . . . ) but figure I might as well be proactive about starting to heal/restrengthen my core.
I hear a baby waking up . . .
Congratulations – she is so sweet. I haven”t tried the Dia method, but came across it when I was researching DR/core rehab after having my first in March. Just wanted to put in a plug for PTs that specialize in pelvic floor/core/post-partum issues, even just for an evaluation.
Yeah, its a really nice sweater of a baby. The baby looks very comfortable wearing those clothes lying on that very nice crib too. fabulousafter40.com/my-new-work-from-home-uniform/
Your mom knit her a Baby Surprise Jacket! I love those! 🙂
yes it is!!! i love it too 🙂