Of course, after I wrote the previous post filled with despair, we had a truly lovely weekend.
A laundry list of good things:
1) I have been using a sticker chart for the big kids’ behavior and it has been working! Better-behaved children = much much happier household. Let’s hope we can keep the momentum going . . .
2) We had 2 big family events for Rosh Hashanah, and both were — dare I say — relaxing and fun. Perhaps I am settling into his family-of-five deal? G is just such a good baby and A&C are really getting very independent. I will remember this feeling of peace when G hits the toddler stage (always a challenge for me!).
3) G had her 9 month visit – she is 21 lb (86%) and 28.25 inches (75%). It is 5:32 AM and SHE SLEPT ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT! THERE IS HOPE!!! (Note, this was an anomaly, but I’ll take what I can get!!!!). She’s pulling to stand nonstop and is not minding her helmet one bit. Whew.
4) I have several planners being sent to me for review (for the podcast, but I am going to do a series here!) and this makes me irrationally excited. Below you can see some shots of an older version of the Full Focus Planner, which I am currently using to time track and add a little (needed) structure to my days. Want more pix? I am reviving (again) shubox_plans on instagram. Enjoy 🙂
5) Josh and I saw Crazy Rich Asians last night – our first movie in the theater since G was born. And I absolutely LOVED it. (As many of you know I am a huge fan of the book series – pure candy. I hope Kevin Kwan writes more!).
I am entering a call week today (first in a while) and I am filled with less dread than usual. Probably because I had some extra time yesterday to do a proper weekly review (crucial) and feel relatively organized for the first time in a long while.
Annabel came to G’s ped appointment and to Rosh Hashanah services armed with Field Notes.
Love her phonetic spelling . . .
G @ the pediatrician
(flu shot #1 + hep B #3 – check)
pulling to stand on EVERYTHING
Full Focus Planner shot
unicorn butt. LOVE.
Out of commission!?? AGHGHGH
No training wheels! He and A seem to have learned at the same time.
(that’s C in the distance)
G is channeling baby A in one of her old dresses
((to keep it real!!))
M – total body cardio (Beachbody), 8 lb weights
T – 3 mi run 10:30/mi 81F
W, Thurs, Fri, Sat – NOTHING (oops)
Sun – 3 mi run 10:20/mi 83F
Well, better than nothing 🙂
So glad you had a nice weekend! THat’s all it takes to shift perspective sometimes. I’m inspired by your time tracking—I may do a week/weekend, its been many years since I did it last.
Glad this week is a better one!
No training wheels! Wow, I need to get working with Camille lol. 🙂
Excellent post. I examine something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It will always be useful to examine via content material from other writers and use a little something from other websites.
Thanks for sharing 🙂
What are you going to do about your garmin?