Not going to lie: I went into the weekend with low expectations. But it ended up being really nice. Busy, but (relatively) relaxing. Josh didn’t work much which . . . is basically what made it amazing (there was a ~1.5-2 hr chunk on Sunday morning and that was it). Well, that and Mother’s Day!
(NOTE: I actually came to the realization that if Josh needs to incorporate significant chunks of work on our weekends off — and it seems like this is the case — then I can hire a bit of childcare to make things work smoothly. This is not rocket science. Going to work on finding some more local sitters to add to our options for the summer.)
We had a packed weekend, both days. Included:
- Cameron’s class Mother’s Day celebration (in the middle of the day, sigh, but I made it!)
- Annabel’s well child check (check!)
- Piano lessons (A&C)
- Fun bday party at a bowling alley (one of our Miami Beach friends we don’t get to see as often)
- Date night @ Funky Buddha brewery (it was an NPR fundraiser); we also went to Wilton Creamery which was amaaaazing
- G got up at 5:30 and Josh graciously got her (Happy Mother’s Day to me!)
- 9 am workout @ Ultimate
- Brunch! Josh and the kids (but really Josh) made breakfast tacos + mango salsa. Perfection.
- G napped while Josh took the kids shopping for presents for me (Mother’s Day + my bday! I know, I am lucky)
- During her nap I napped too (YES) and then worked on unpacking our bookshelf upstairs (yep, there are still some boxes in our house even though we moved in 5 months ago!)
- Hung out with G one on one for a while
- Dinner out in Miami Beach with extended family
That was a seriously full weekend. My only regret is not getting up early to run on Saturday (but . . . I was tired).
Agh, I hear G (she is in a bit of an early wakeup pattern again — such is life). I think I will take her for a run. Happy Monday!