We didn’t do much yesterday — the big kids each had basketball practice, but that was about it. I feel like I spent at least 75% of the day cleaning up the house (post-meals, post-toy explosions, etc). The other 25% was taking things away from G (markers, tiiiiiny lego pieces that she sometimes decides to taste, etc).
But I did listen to some good music while doing it (see yesterday’s post!). I don’t know. Maybe there is some way of setting up our home to be more toddler-proof? But with 2 older kids, it’s hard. There are markers, giant bags of rainbow loom material, and tiny legos — all of which would be missed if I were to make them disappear.
Today promises to be somewhat hectic. No babysitter (bad decision), 2 simultaneous basketball games, piano lessons, Josh on call. I know — we signed up for all of this. And it’s probably too much.
But the kids are both really loving basketball, and I think piano lessons are so great at their ages (and they like them, though not as much as basketball). We will make it through the day. Maybe G will be tired enough to just snuggle on me and fall asleep during the game . . . that would be amazing.
I actually do think that once G no longer has to be actively supervised 24/7 life will be so much easier & better & more relaxed. I know, I have other stressors coming my way (puberty! more school pressure for the big kids! bigger kids bigger problems! etc etc!) but I am just . . . looking forward to not having to worry about her choking on rainbow loom pieces or plugging things into the outlet every single second. Am I supposed to be counting down this phase of my life? Probably not, but here we are.
(Side note/example: we were all busy getting the kids ready for school the other day when she took it upon herself to find a hairdryer that was buried in a shopping bag in the linen closet, take it into the next room, take OFF the outlet cover, and plug in the hairdryer. I found her proudly standing next to it, saying “WOW!”. Thankfully no electric shocks seem to have happened. But OMG. And the whole episode probably took place in the span of 2 minutes.)
Okay. Time to sneak my workout in before everyone is up. PLEASE G MAKE IT TO 6:30!!
ADDENDUM: G still asleep and I just survived 21DF Extreme Plyo (the first workout). IT WAS HARD.