Well! I have no long how long this phase of life is going to last (or even when to call it ‘over’), but I figured it would be a good idea to remind myself of my COVID-19 goals — posted waaaay back on day 32.
Because I do not have them anywhere handy (ie: it’s not a list in my planner or my Notes app – probably need to fix that), I haven’t looked at them in over a month. And I have definitely found that if I don’t look at my goals it’s a lot less likely that they will actually end up DONE.
(Is that necessarily a bad thing? Maybe not. It might mean the goals weren’t that great or important. But an observation.)
So! A brief overview:
1- Read a bunch of books. Well . . . I don t know about ‘a bunch’, but I have been consistently reading. I even made a list. But I have not really been reading any more than my usual ‘reading rate’, if that’s a thing.
Plan to continue this goal? Sure! I love reading.
2- Paint and perform amateur mani/pedi on my nails. I still want to do this (in part because I’d like to save the $$$ in the future!). Does anyone have a great kit to recommend? I’m sure there are 935834 YouTube tutorials on this. It cannot be THAAAAAT hard . . .
Plan to continue this goal? Yes.
3- Cut C’s hair (or trim it). OUTSOURCED to Josh 🙂 And now he already needs another trim but I think we have figured out who the family barber is. (I will remain the head braider / detangler of A’s mane . . .)
Plan to continue this goal? Outsourced.
4- Complete 80 Day Obsession. Well, I’m on Day 5, having repeated week 1 after taking a break due to a shoulder injury! I’m just happy to be back in the game. Barring further injury, I am going to keep going on this one – I do like the workouts. And Autumn the trainer. And I’ve had this workout series on my bucket list for a while now.
Plan to continue this goal? Yes!
5- Start working on wardrobe overhaul. YES!!! I spent a chunk of our 40th-birthday-trip funds on this and ended up working with Lani from Real-Life-Style, and everything has arrived! Tomorrow will be a zoom try on / reckoning where we decide which new items to keep & what to return. Josh is going to take pix and I will definitely be sharing details here. Too bad I am not going to work in person every day . . . but when we return I’m going to have a fantastic array of outfit choices.
Plan to continue this goal: Almost done!
6- Do a podcast experiment. Yep! I have invested on BLP (Best Laid Plans)!! I do not have a launch date yet because . . . well, things got busy. But I’m guessing mid-June or latest July. PLANNER PODCAST IS HAPPENING. Stay tuned!
Plan to continue this goal: YES
7- Clean up our investment portfolio and finish estate planning. LOL no. Too boring. In all honesty just . . .didn’t get around to this yet. On the upside, we are saving more and do not feel particularly panicky about the market (maybe we should, but I figure we have a nice long runway for things to recover). But we do need to do this. I also need to formally move our 529 money category into actual 529s. I was sort of waiting for market to “hit bottom” but clearly that’s not something one can accurately predict . . . at least I can’t!!
Plan to continue this goal: Yes
8- Organize / declutter home: Yes! I am enjoying the Organize365 experience so far. She just gives you one job each day so it’s not overwhelming, but I can see the progress already (we started in the kitchen). I love having a defined structure. I am 2 days behind right now but will definitely catch up (our kitchen wasn’t in dire straits anyway!).
Plan to continue this goal: Yes!
In addition, below are the yearly goals I am still working on . . .
2020 GOALS STILL DOABLE IN THE PANDEMIC ERA:
- Save at least 20% gross income – in progress. Note: Employer 403(b) match was temporarily eliminated for both of us due to COVID-19 hardship but our spending is also down so I am pretty sure we can still accomplish this.
- Host a BOBW meetup (um . . . maybe on Zoom or Instagram live?) – we will see!
- Cook Sunday Dinner at least 12 Sundays (I’ve done at least 4 that I tracked already, so that’s only 8 left!) – working on it!
- One Mommy day each with A&C — no reason I can’t still do this in some form, just with at-home activities, a walk together, etc – going to get these scheduled for summer days off TODAY
- Get a perfect pair of new jeans — sales are good right now, too so might be a good time to order a few to try (you guys had some good suggestions!) – I think I accomplished this!!! Will discuss in fashion post. Need to hem them though.
- Spend 48 hours screen free — I COULD STILL DO THIS (though I am quite attached to this little blogging streak) – I might go crazy and do that this Memorial Day weekend
- Develop meditation habit – doing pretty well with this
- Get work bag that zips and fits laptop – still doable, though I have not had much reason to bring my laptop to work these days, so probably will table for now – need to wait until I replenish my allowance
- Read 40 books – still on track as long as I read some extra in summer which I often do
- Try Orange Theory can be converted to 80 Day Obsession (or an online home version of OT if they come out with one) – 80 DO!