Part 1: Ideas for kicking off your year
1- Schedule your next Quarterly or Quintile Review – ideally set Q1 + Q2! If you haven’t spent time thinking through your year yet, set aside some time for that.
2- Identify a habit of focus, perhaps for the next month or quintile. You may have a lot of goals or resolutions, especially if you are like me- but decide on one to put your main focus on to start with.
3- Decide what if anything you will track, and where (and don’t go overboard)! This year I plan on tracking my reading, a few core daily habits, and my workouts.
4- Think about connections and how you might incorporate other people in your goals. This might mean:
- planning retreat with a partner
- coffee with a friend
- vision board party
- joining an online community
5- Plan in something FUN for the next month! January can be bleak. Look at those fun one-offs on your list and make a plan to make them happen.
Part 2: List of some of my goals for the year
- Hoping 2023 will be a big running year – want to set “second running life” PRs in half and start training for a full
- Read 60 books
- Use “bits of time” better – while I’ve improved a lot in this regard, I want to fight any remaining urge to scroll or check emails etc
- Plan out my personal spending
- Simplify my skincare
FAMILY + HOME
- Organize the house! (Using Organize365 and hoping to actually complete the program this time 🙂 )
- Mommy day or short trip with each kid
- Make Sunday dinners + work on making Sunday nights more relaxing
- Work on HW routines with the kids
- Take amazing memorable trips + continue to prioritize travel
- 15% minimum savings rate
- See my parents + sister/niece at least 2x!
- Improve office workflow
- Attend in person conference
- Do something to promote physician wellness where I work
- Successfully launch + grow Best Laid Plans Academy
- Plan and execute a live retreat
- Do more speaking!
- Guest on some great podcasts
- Improve organization of links on site
- Nail care!
- Reading habits
- Weekly TV!
- Continue prior habits (HS, Duo, 5 yr Journal, etc)
- Take trip with college BFFs
- Date nights 1-2x/month
- Seek out concerts, shows, plays
- Plan in friend dates
Green Chef: The #1 Meal Kit for Eating Well. Go to GreenChef.com/plans135 and use code plans135 to get $135 off across five boxes—and your first box ships free!”
Financial Gym: Personal training for your finances. Visit financialgym.com/plans for more info and use code plans to get 20% off your first year of membership!
Plan to Eat: Meal planning with your own favorite recipes. Best Laid Plans listeners can get a 25% discount on a yearly subscription by signing up for a free trial at plantoeat.com/plans
One more fun surprise!
Listener/reader Susan has graciously offered up an extra Hobonichi Cousin (English, A5) and was hoping someone in this lovely community could give it a good home. So, I will offer this as a random giveaway for anyone leaving a comment in today’s post mentioning it! US/Canada only just for shipping/cost purposes.