fun on the run
all RIGHT! i love the fact that it’s not even noon and i can already check ’14 mile run’ off of my to-do list! i had a great time running this morning with the lovely diana (aka D10) from just running for fun. i think this was the fourth time i’ve met up with a fellow blogger (kath, jessica, and bridgette being the other 3), and just like always, it was wonderful to meet the person behind the words! an added bonus was that our paces matched quite nicely so i definitely see more running dates in our future!
some things i learned about d10
• she has a cute new england accent!
• she has a REALLY long commute to work
• like me, she is pretty much disgusted by running gels
• she often runs 13 miles alone without headphones, and doesn’t get bored!
amazing what you get to delve into on a 14 mile journey, isn’t it?
anyway, so that was really fun. the weather was initially threatening, but after a few drizzles, it just felt nice and cool and we kept a pretty steady pace (average 9:03/mi overall for the 14.07 miles total). i was happy to see that my polar rs400sd and her garmin 405 were in near-perfect sync.
the rest of the weekend has been sort of blah. to be honest, i’m having a bit of a hard time dealing with josh’s current schedule. usually he is either at work/on call, or at home/relaxing, but this month he is ALWAYS on call (literally — 24/7) and even though he gets to go home at night, he has to deal with pages all night and has had to return to the hospital fairly frequently. i can entertain myself up to a point, but it was a little bit easier for me when i could count on him staying home (and mentally being present!) once he got there. now it’s just . . . unpredictable. i had fantasies of a relaxing dinner at home, but someone in the unit was very sick and needed him, so it really wasn’t possible.
i’m very understanding about all of this, and i know it is 100% not his fault. working in medicine as well, i really do see that it’s his responsibility to be at work and be there for his patients. but it doesn’t means i’m always going to love it or find it easy.
plans for the rest of today
• lounge around + eat some leftover pizza
• finish cleaning up my ‘office’ and do some filing
• grocery shopping & dinner planning
• stretchy therapeutic yoga
• FIND HOTELS FOR OUR NAPA/SONOMA TRIP! (i started doing this last night and was horrified to see how many are already booked. oops!)
• watch the oscars — just kidding, we have no tv. too bad they won’t be streamed! i really only care to see the glamourous stars and the fashion, anyway, so i guess looking at pictures the next day won’t be so terrible.
workout: 7 miles with 4 x 2-3 minute hill intervals, 8:57/mi
20 minutes weights:
– pushups, 2 x 12 (actually 1 x 12 and 1 x 13!)
– squats against wall with ball, 10 lb weights, 2 x 12
– bicep curls on bosu, 12 lbs, 2 x 12
– plie squats to tricep overheads, 15 lbs, 2 x 12
– abs: 2 x 15 crunces, 2 x 15 bicycles
– seated rows, 40 lbs, 2 x 12
doin’ time: baked ravioli + a glass of red wine that i drank alone while sulking. it was still tasty.
before the attack:
after the carnage. josh and i made quite a dent! it was comforting and homey, as well as good for pre-run carboloading. recipe in the sidebar!