1. sometimes i feel like i’m just too focused on getting through the day rather than savoring it — or even just experiencing it. really, what is there to get through anyway? ‘the day‘ is all we have. life is just a sum of days [and who knows how many]. and most of the time, it’s pretty amazing.
2. operation slowdown is still going on full force. when i remember, that is. and when i do, it really does make things better.
3. annabel is seriously a DELIGHT right now. she is so happy. she is sleeping! she ate TOFU for part of her dinner tonight.
4. i have a cold [as do josh and annabel]. of the three of us, i will freely admit that i am coping the worst. probably because i am annoyed about missing my training runs* in addition to being annoyed about the ridiculous congestion and such.
5. two wonderful child-focused blog posts i read today, both in neighboring raleigh:
the first was amazing but took some time; the second was super-easy but still solid healthy fare.
6. still waiting on that whole JOB thing [and only slowly going crazy]. and the house sitch got a little more complicated, too. hoping they will both work out.
* i probably could eke out some lame and slow mileage but i have a pretty strict policy about not running while sick. it’s miserable, always feels SO hard, and i can’t imagine that it has any sort of positive effect on my fitness. so, rest it is.