1) Podcasts of the week: I listen to a lot of podcasts on my commute. This past week’s highlights were:
2) YNAB: As Katie astutely noticed in the corner of the picture from Wednesday’s post, we’re giving YNAB (You Need A Budget) a try. We’re just doing the free trial right now. We are fairly responsible with money (I think) but I want to be a lot more organized and purposeful about savings goals. I am also hoping the program will give us the ability to spend with confidence on things we plan for (home improvements . . . fall boots . . . you know, the essentials).
3) Half marathon training is going — well, not exactly as planned. I’m definitely still running, but have not been sticking to the plan I initially laid out. This was last week (Nov 3 – 9):
M: 5 miles around neighborhood, 9:22/mi (first run back after being sick)
T: 3 miles in Sanibel with Josh, 9:16/mi
W: 4 miles in Sanibel with Josh, 9:43/mi
T: Off (although some biking, ~8 miles on bike?)
F: 4 miles in Sanibel with Josh, 8:58/mi
S: 45 min barre class (LIVE one!) at Flybarre. (It was SO hard for me but I loved it!)
S: 5 miles on treadmill super slow (was hurting), 10:00/mi
total = 20 miles + 1 barre class
No speedwork or anything — I had taken the prior week off (sick) and just didn’t feel like it on vacation!
4) Ana and I just finished the same book — Where’d You Go, Bernadette?. I thought we were officially twins until I found out she got the rec from me (I must have mentioned it before 🙂 ). It was a fun, well-written book — I definitely recommend it. I’m not sure what’s going to be next — I kind of like alternating non-fiction with fiction, but another novel sounds tempting too . . .
5) I officially got caught up from vacation — emptying my work inbox at the end of the day on Friday. It was a rather stressful week catching up but that clean EPIC queue feels so good.
Currently enjoying a rather simple chill weekend with both kids (Josh is working). So far it has been really nice. C is asleep. A is headed to bed in a minute (she’s watching her one allotted Mickey at this moment). I’m drinking some red wine and waiting for takeout delivery. Long run + Annabel’s swim class tomorrow!
I feel lucky.