Quintile #4 is over tomorrow (reminder of my “Quintile system” for 2018, and here was the recap of Q3). So much happened in these past two months that I apparently never took the time to do a goals post! Oops.
September was kind of a bad month (remember that post about call? yeah . . .). October was much better. Good things:
1) G started sleeping through most of the night — instead of multiple wakeups, she’s typically up around 5 to eat, and goes back to bed until around 6:30-7. Sometimes she even makes it to 6:15 or so! This has probably made the biggest difference in my energy + overall sanity. THANK GOODNESS and please G, keep it up!
2) Josh got his job situation settled and we made the decision to put our house on the market. Pre-sale sign is up — bittersweet. But definitely feels more settled than uncertainty.
3) The single Bob made its way back into my life and I’ve taken G on several stroller runs. A great use of early mornings that will probably be especially useful post time-change when she is up an hour earlier . . .
4) This site is being migrated / redesigned, something I had put off for AGES! There will be a much more modern and beautiful theshubox in 2019.
5) I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with pumping — just 15 work/pumping days left on my countdown, and then G will be close enough to 1 that I think we’ll be done. I am so excited to reclaim the hours spent doing this but feel really happy to have met my goals (or close enough!). We still have some milk in the freezer which is being used slowly but surely which is nothing short of a miracle from my perspective.
6) Work has been good (aside from prior call stress) and a big project is coming to fruition next month (gender multidisciplinary clinic!). I’ve also really enjoyed working with our residents and am really excited about having more time to give them (see #5) soon!
7) I have posted here 3x/week, which is more than I had been lately. I am feeling more inspired (see #1) and I am trying to get to at least 25K sessions/month and came pretty close — 21.8K sessions thus far in October, and the data is delayed by 48 hrs apparently so maybe I’ll almost get there!
9) I FLOSSED every day from 10/1 – 10/30!!
10) I feel like I used my free time fairly well, in part because I made some changes to my phone to cull zombie-scrolling. (I read 6 books in Q4, 3 novels + 3 non-fic, will share this list on a future post).
The weather is starting to get nice (finally!), today is Halloween (not terribly excited about that because our neighborhood in INSANE, but we’ll get some cute pix!), and I am just generally feeling positive about the future.