life The Podcast

Getting @*& Done

March 19, 2019

Gwinne flatteringly called me fabulous in her recent post, but for the record:

I get behind, too.

I am looking at my Q1 goals list and “tsk”-ing to myself about some of the things that didn’t happen. HELLO 2017 photobook, someday you will come into fruition. And then 2018 will follow. Right!?

But, I feel okay. I feel like at least I know what I’m not doing at any given time. I have a sense of what is coming, what is urgent, and what can just stay off my radar for now. I attribute 70% of this to my productivity guru David Allen. (Responsible for the other 30%, if you’re curious, in no particular order: Michael Hyatt, Gretchen Rubin, Tonya Dalton, Laura Vanderkam (obvi), and Cal Newport).

Speaking of Laura, I have 2 notes! The first is that she has embarked on an additional podcasting project in addition to BoBW – it’s more of a ‘snippet of brain candy’ type of advice podcast (rather than a personal narrative/interview podcast like BoBW) and it’s quite good. Check out the first episodes here — I especially liked “Why Time Matters.” It’s also very professionally done, of which I am a little jealous. Ha!

The second note is that JOSH is our podcast guest today! He is our very first male guest and I think he did a wonderful job. You can check out his episode here (or on your usual podcasting medium). To celebrate this post, here is a little trip down memory lane of Josh with each kid, through the ages . . . (PS thank you iPhone search function!)

baby A
Baby C (he still looks like that to me!)
DOUBLE STROLLERING
Serving as C’s nap cushion during a wedding in 2016
We both predicted Genevieve’s chromosomal makeup . . . erroneously
very happy with these 2 Bs (baby + beer)
more recent pic of him with G

Some other housekeeping notes:

  • You can now subscribe to this blog in your email!! I had several readers ask for this and now it should work. Just scroll down and look for the box on the right that says “subscribe to this post via email.”
  • There’s also a button for a newsletter, which I haven’t customized yet, but you can join the email list if you want! Currently there is an automated response (need to work on that) and eventually I will use it to share some additional content that didn’t quite feel blogworthy.
  • Comments are back to regular WordPress. No more Disqus! And we have a plug-in where you SHOULD be able to comment from social media. If you have a chance to test it out, say hello (and feel free to include any further suggestions for this blog while I’m still in improvement mode!).

I’m OFF of call in approximately 2 hours after a rather busy 168 hours on and I’m pretty gleeful about that. I attempted to start time tracking during my call week (doing this from time to time keeps me honest!) but I was too distracted. Will re-attempt today. On tap today: PCP appointment (just a check up, first one in forever), OBGYN appointment (need to decide whether to get another IUD, ugh), a work meeting on my day off (oops), a mini-interview for Endocrine News, and an elementary school Teacher Talent Show. WHEW.

6 Comments

  • Reply Sarah Hart-Unger March 19, 2019 at 7:02 am

    Testing

  • Reply Ana March 19, 2019 at 12:08 pm

    Oh but you are totally fabulous! And Josh was great on the podcast, it was all so cute.

  • Reply Anne L. March 19, 2019 at 1:58 pm

    I enjoyed Josh’s “love of the week!”

  • Reply Rebecca March 19, 2019 at 7:06 pm

    It was nice to hear Josh on the podcast. I’ve been reading your blog for a while and it’s nice to put a voice to a name! Great episode!

  • Reply Gina March 20, 2019 at 10:34 am

    Hi Sarah
    Are you happy with IUD? Thanks

  • Reply Marthe March 21, 2019 at 9:09 am

    Boy, that is a full day!
    And hello πŸ˜‰ Nice that you are off discus.

  • Leave a Reply

    This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.