12 days off with the kids, tomorrow until 1/2. As previously noted Josh is working (and mostly on call at night too) for 9 of them. I am gearing myself up for quite a ride! I now have a few more play dates and outings scheduled and am feeling kind of . . . like I’m looking forward to the challenge a little bit?
MY WINTER BREAK 2019-20 MANIFESTO:
- I will work out every day. (Can be low key like BB pilates or yoga on some days, but something)
- I will meditate (for at least 5 min) every day.
- I will read for at least 15 minutes every day. Note: currently I am reading My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Otessa Moshfegh even though every review I have read is negative. Guess what? I actually really like it (am about 70% through). Everyone else loves dystopian books but I LOVE a good novel with a (very) mentally ill first-person narrator. What can I say? It’s my Bell Jar for 2019.
- I will post here every day to share our adventures (or lack thereof).
- I will enforce quiet time during G’s nap every day that I can (might be a day or two where we are out doing things but generally I am going to protect 1p – 3p fiercely).
- I will review the day’s plan each day with the big kids so they know what to expect.
- I will allow screen time every day at 4:30 pm or so for one hour while I make dinner and/or laundry and/or other household tasks.
- I will check my work email (to triage for anything catastrophic) on 12/27, 12/30, and then when I am back at work 1/2. Otherwise, will ignore.
- I will check my regular email once daily.
- I will try very very hard not to yell, and to enjoy the good moments.
WILL REPORT BACK. I guess this is my version of a holiday fun list. I promise I’m more fun in real life.