Josh was on call, so I was primarily on my own for this one.
- I had a babysitter come while I went for a quick run & then took G to MyGym
- We went to the playground (their current favorite one with lots of monkey bars)
- Lunch @ Panera
- G took a solid nap and I prepped dinner
- Up ~4 pm. Brief walk around the neighborhood (b/c the weather was just that good)!
- Trip to Target; the kids wanted to buy Valentines. They didn’t actually have the packs of ‘class valentines’ yet (!), but we managed to get out of there spending only $13.89 (2 glow in the dark balloons & two tubes of toothpaste that I realized we needed) which is essentially A MIRACLE
- Dinner (veg enchiladas) which the kids pretty much categorically refused. !?!?!?
- I finished Celine by Peter Heller and really liked it in the end! There was just a lovely peacefulness to the storytelling. It sort of reminded me of a more adventurous Wallace Stegner.
- I had a babysitter come while I went to the 8 AM class at Ultimate Workout (similar to Orange Theory) — my first class in ages! I had some leftover credits and just bit the bullet and went. It was great and I think I’ll start incorporating it occasionally again into my regular routine.
- Took the kids to Frost Science. They had fun! We were there for quite some time and could have stayed longer but G needed to nap.
- The 40 minute drive home did ruin G’s nap though. No transfer. (*$&@#
- I prepped dinner while she attempted to go back to sleep (no dice) and then we went to the park for 40 minutes while dinner baked in the oven.
- Josh finished with work and took Annabel to a ukulele concert (his friends were performing) and I put G, C, and myself to bed.
Sadly I am finding myself a little sick again which is infuriating because I feel like I just had the same illness about a month ago.
Also sadly, I have work today. I miss being in NC where MLK day was taken seriously. Really! There were always community events and services and clinics were closed (of course, I still had to work if I was on a rotation like PICU or something, but still). Josh and I often made a point of going to a talk or event. Here, schools are closed but the hospital/clinics are going full swing. Okay then.
M – off
T – 3 mi easy with 6 x 30 second strides (10:38/mi ave)
W – 3 x 1mi @ tempo. 5 mi total. Tempo miles @ 9:06, 9:33, 10:10 (though I am not sure of the accuracy; I think Strava was having trouble with the ‘rest intervals’ and calculating the speed ramp-up. Or at least that’s what I’m hoping! Going to charge up the ol’ Garmin for next week.)
R – BB 21DF Upper (8 & 12 lb weights, pushups: 15 up / 5 down; 10 up / 10 down). It is remarkable HOW QUICKLY you (I?) can lose upper body strength.
F – 40 min easy run post-work. 10:02/mi
S – 10 min warmup, 6 x 1K at tempo w/ 1 min recovery between each. Total run @ 9:33/mi.
S – 1 hr Ultimate class (instructor: Casey). Survived!
Meal plan: will save that for tomorrow b/c I am out of time.