Yesterday I got everything done on my list except nap! Oh well. Aside from melting down at 9:30 pm when I desperately wanted to be in bed and all 3 kids were still up, it was still a good day.
Thinking about . . . consumption. Not consumptions of food (though choices made in that realm are important too). But consumption of words. Media. Yesterday I consumed:
- About 30 pages of A Gentleman In Moscow
- A bunch of random emails (work + non-work)
- Several blog posts (though not many on a Saturday!)
- Several podcast episodes: Up First (news), Planet Money (on police unions), First Name Basis (talking to kids about racism), The Mom Hour (plans for summer), Organize365 (time management)
- Tchaikovsky. YES this is what I set my Spotify playlist to while I was reading Amor Towles. It seemed to fit.
- A bunch of random Instagram feeds, many sharing news and resources around Black Lives Matter. And yes, I fell down a rabbit hole reading several comment threads on various brands’ responses last week.
Anyway. That list isn’t terrible and I enjoyed finding some new voices to follow BUT it just made me think about intention. I didn’t exactly set out to read / listen to the above (especially the Insta rabbit hole); it all just came to me. I don’t want to stumble into my media consumption choices because it’s exactly that — a choice.
Time spent looking at one thing is time spent not looking at something else.
- BB Day #20 (yay! Then I will be 25% through 80 Days!)
- Order some workbooks for kids to try
- GROCERY LIST / MEAL PLAN / SHOP
- Get kids outside early again (you would think the same neighborhood routes would be getting really old by now but it actually hasn’t been that bad) + maybe pool in afternoon if no lightning
- Bake cupcakes w/ kids (we have been watching a lot of baking shows and they are begging to do this!). Maybe these.
- Read more of Gentleman
- ADD PIX TO ALBUM FOR LAST 3 MONTHS OF 2019 PHOTOBOOK! (then I actually have to put it together but I use the auto feature and then just edit so this part isn’t as bad).
- Nap. Maybe.