Last day of vacation, and then it’s back to work for the foreseeable future! I did not take a lot of pix of Cameron’s Mommy Day, but it involved:
- basketball ‘practice’ outside in our driveway
- Target yet again (and the purchase of a Transformer – I guess they are back, or did they ever leave?)
- Getting his school supplies (not sure he was that excited, but I’m glad to have it off the list!)
- Me watching him play Minecraft & Rocket League and then ending up taking a nap (oops, but he didn’t really care)
- another baking project: oatmeal raisin cookies (mostly based on what we had in the house!)
- burgers for dinner (yep, I’m feeling ready for a post-vac detox!)
WHEW. We also took a family walk and started cleaning up the house a bit (necessary). Josh and I are somehow both rested AND exhausted from the week of family fun. Taking a staycation was not bad, but I’m hoping that next summer we’d feel comfortable getting on a plane. Who knows, though. I guess rather than focusing on next summer it’s best to just be grateful that we had a (relatively) safe and relaxing week at home.
TODAY – well, it’s time for some prep for reentry. I don’t plan on looking at my email until tomorrow morning though! I have work all 5 days next week but I did peek at my patient schedules and they are not terribly heavy, so I have high hopes for feeling caught up by Friday. WISH ME LUCK!
Random planner related note: I am on a slightly obsessive quest to find the best pen for my planning endeavors, especially the Hobonichi, since I plan to go back to my old standard next year. This video from jetpens was fun & helpful . . . and of course led to yet another pen order. I have now amassed so many pens I may have to do a giveaway of sorts.
ON TODAY’S DOCKET:
❏ Order G’s school supplies
❏ Workout #79/80 (!!!)
❏ Some pod prep including prewriting tomorrow’s show notes & recording the Q&A ep #5!
❏ Meal plan & grocery shop for next week (going to mine LL’s last post for ideas!)
❏ Organize kids’ clothes (maybe)
❏ Start getting kids back on a better schedule b/c they have been going to bed at 10 (oops)