Josh is on call this weekend, so it was a largely solo parenting day. He was home in the AM allowing me to get my workout in (Total Strength Week 2 #3) and he did make it to G’s last soccer game!
And, this was our first Screen Free Saturday! It was not the easiest, but also not the worst.
Our grad school baby-sitter is home on spring break and came over to sit from 11-3, which really helped. Most of that time was spent at C’s soccer game (yep, game #2 of the day!) but I hid upstairs for an hour to do our monthly budget reconciliation/allocation.
(On that note – OMG I cannot wait to move, mostly because I cannot stand seeing 2 power bills, rent and mortgage, etc — it is such a money suck and feels so wasteful! Hopefully mid-April).
A’s friend came over and then we met up with her mom + brother at Dairy Queen (where Blizzards were consumed . . .). This was followed by a promised trip to Barnes & Noble and then sushi takeout for dinner. It was a full day and I spent the last couple hours frantically doing housework and cleaning up, BUT everything was done + everyone was in bed by 8:40 or so. Not too terrible.
- Run ~45 min (letting Josh sleep now but he doesn’t have cases scheduled as of now so planning to run once he is up)
- Clean out fridge/put groceries away
- Put week up on board
- Clean out/prep kids’ backpacks
- Make 3 lunches
- Prep dinner (for tonight + tomorrow night). PrepDish says we are having pasta primavera (tonight) and Philly Cheesesteak stuffed potatoes (tomorrow)
- Day activity: possibly swim
- Afternoon activity: playground (meeting friends)
Lack of screens
As noted, it actually wasn’t as bad as I might have anticipated. Since I drew a hard line, I am not really fighting many protests. It definitely helps that our weather is good right now (though getting hotter by the day). I am not a cruise director type parent so they have been finding things to do . . .