We had quite a full weekend after our getaway! Josh and I picked up the kids midday Saturday and somehow we managed to fit in:
- A sleepover with A’s friend
- Bowling @ Sparez (I lost, lol — I am terrible. But the kids had bumpers . . .)
- Watching the original Top Gun (until I fell asleep)
- Finally setting up our bookshelf and unpacking several boxes of books (YAY)
- A trip to Frost Science
- Boosters for A/C (particularly necessary since otherwise an exposure would mean they would be automatically sent home from camp – which would be sad)
- Festive Memorial Day dinner (bison burgers, hot dogs, corn, cole slaw)
- Workouts each day (started Total Strength with Andy #2 Sun, plus a 60 min run yesterday – longest in a while!)
Now it is back to reality – this is the kids’ last week of school! C has a class party today just . . . wow, it really feels like this school year came to an abrupt end. We are now on the first week of the master Summer calendar I have taped to the fridge, which is exciting. And I am already immersed in my summer reading list – greatly enjoying this one, which I have in paperback and via the Libby app so I can conveniently read in the kids’ rooms while they fall asleep . . .
While there has been loss and tragedy in the headlines, May has a personally been a very special and positive month for me. I will be spending some time today thinking about what my priorities will be for June.
Welcome back to the work week for (most of my) fellow US readers!