Yesterday (after I survived a hilly 5 mile run with 3 tempo miles!), we marched in the little neighborhood parade! It was cute and all of the vibes were casual and positive — not political — which was a relief, honestly. It was about togetherness and celebration at the community level.
A fire truck led everyone down the street (~3 blocks – short parade!) and we landed at a little local playground.
G had a pretzel in one hand and a popsicle in the other so . . . she was happy.
Meanwhile, just in case anyone is concerned about A&C, I am here to reassure you that camp life appears to be pretty awesome.
Today we actually get a 10 minute Skype call with C, and Thursday with A! I’m excited to hear more details because the letters are . . . a bit short and not terribly informative. But cute 🙂
Call Week Begins!
I am headed into call tonight. Our typical call weeks run Tuesday – Monday, but I swapped a day so I get 8 fewer hours of call. I still have not found anyone interested in sharing call with me to split it up, so I am trying to work on making the rest of my life as easy as possible so that at least I can minimize other stressors.
This week the ways in which I am (hopefully) set up for success are:
- Our nanny comes back today and I ordered groceries to arrive at our house around noon so she can do some meal prep.
- I only have one kid at home, which should make bedtime easy!
- I will have our nanny arrive later & help with bedtime at least a couple of nights (G is at camp all day and most days I can drop her off)
- Josh is off this weekend and is ready to be in charge
- I have no GME meetings or major obligations this week (unless something unexpected comes up – and if it does I will make every attempt to push to next week when I have more flexibility!)
- I have been reading about stoicism which might help with my perspective.
Fingers crossed for an easy flight home!
Is everyone else back to work this week? I’m assuming there will be a lot of people on vac — which would actually be rather cozy and nice. I like going to work when it feels a bit sleepy and slowed down because everyone else is off! Especially when I know I will be off in the near future 🙂