Our trip was Saturday – Saturday and the length/intensity felt right to us this time! To recap, we did:
|1 day / 2 nights||Universal Studios|
|1 day||Kennedy Space Center|
|4 days / 5 nights||Amelia Island|
Plus 2 days of mostly driving (last Saturday & yesterday!).
We drove home yesterday and I ordered groceries and generally sighed with contentment over the fact that we would have all of Sunday to recover/organize/etc.
We enjoyed a really relaxed last beach day on Friday followed by an afternoon at the movie theater eating sugary snacks and watching Minions: Rise of Gru and on Saturday packed up (relatively easily) and drove 5.5 hours home.
On this trip I slept a lot and enjoyed plenty of YouTube. I even left myself surf Insta for a bit (who am I?) just to catch some of the fall planner release news. (Spoiler alert – I’m still over Insta. I actually find it kind of boring? Who am I!?).
And now, I’m filled with Q4 (Quintile 4) energy — back to school season! I have already created a printout of our (theoretical) family routines and reviewed with all stakeholders. Some are more excited than others.
School starts Wednesday and a few of the kids’ activities start right away, while others are next week or beyond. Annabel actually has her first ballet class (well, her first in 4 years) tomorrow, and I believe gymnastics starts this Saturday (all 3 kids have signed up, YESSS). We are going to do a bun practice today . . . I have traumatic memories of bun-hairstyling from back in the day, so we are going to watch some YouTube so I (and A) can learn to do it properly.
- Run (longish run). I didn’t weight train this week but I did run x3 in Amelia Island. No speed workouts, just regular runs. I will get back to usual ‘training’ next week.
- Plan next week’s workouts
- Put next week up on whiteboard (drop offs, activities, dinner, etc)
- Bun practice
- Unpack my stuff (kids’ stuff – done last night!)
- Organize desk/Sunday basket routine
- Think about and write out Q4 goals!
- Clear gmail. Inbox zero has been elusive lately but I will get there today.
- Print photos from trip (with my sticker printer) and add to 5 Year Journal for posterity
THEN – date night! Josh wants to see Top Gun. I am contemplating whether I will acquiesce vs lobby for a different movie. What I REALLY want to do is get a massage but I think most places are closed Sunday evenings and that would have taken some advanced planning which — this time — I didn’t do. Oh well.