Yesterday was such an emotional day. The residents + my team colleagues gave me such a lovely sendoff, which was amazing on so many levels. I even received some planning-related gifts — they know me so well! I am so grateful to have worked with such amazing people, and hoping I can still be a part of their lives, just in a different way. I told them I will still cry at graduation this year (as I always do!!!) but from the audience instead of the stage!
At the very end of the day, I changed my email signature and left all of the GME-related WhatsApp threads. Cord fully cut! I feel like I did a good job onboarding my successor and cleaning up loose ends over the course of this month. She is ready and I don’t think I forgot anything big.
I felt sad, and also relieved, and also excited. The program (and the people in it!) has occupied so much of my brain space over the last few years, and I’m not sure I even appreciated how weighty that could feel sometimes.
Onward + upward.
NEW MONTH ALERT! And October has so much to look forward to. In addition to my new work schedule (which is a big deal), this month contains:
- only one Josh-call weekend (yay)
- 2 date nights, including one tonight!
- a short West Coast trip (Josh’s college BFF’s son’s bar mitzvah. This makes me feel soooo old. Also, what should I wear? Hmmm.)
- kids really solidifying routines. I think all the activity quitting is done for the time being (lol) and we are down to two activities for each kid: A has gymnastics + theater, C has a tennis + gymnastics, G has dance + gymnastics. Yay.
- building up my ‘base’ for pre-half-marathon training! I know I don’t need 4.5 months to train for a half marathon, but I’m really trying to get some speed back and I do feel like I’m making some progress. Looking forward to a bit more mileage this month, getting into ~30 mpw territory.
- all the fall things! Despite having zero fall weather, I want to lean into the season. This weekend we will do our annual Buy All The Pumpkin Things fest at Trader Joe’s, and I think we might even put up some Halloween decor.
- Speaking of Halloween:
C is not shown here because he has not committed to a costume yet! Maybe this weekend.