I feel rested right now. I wouldn’t say that I am obscenely tired in my normal life, but I am definitely more tired/stressed/etc than I am right now. It’s a lovely feeling and I will try to hold onto it for as long as possible.
The kids go to camp today! I signed them up for 3 days of winter break day camp at the gym where they do gymnastics. The purpose was threefold:
- See if they like camp there, because they have a summer day camp (convenient, reasonably priced, PLUS built in gymnastics class – great option in theory) and I’m guessing they may do a couple of weeks there but this way they can try it first
- Provide me time to work on some pod/BLPA/creative work
- Provide me with a break and uninterrupted time to organize/reflect before the new year starts!
I tried to hang onto this plan loosely (since travel and sickness often go hand in hand, right?), but as of now everyone is okay so today will be a camp day.
I plan to spend most of it unpacking + organizing + catching up so that tomorrow/Friday I can get some work done.
ALSO I think I will take my car to get washed on Friday so that I can knock out a 2023 goal before the year even begins 🙂 NEW YEAR = CLEAN CAR. This is long overdue and I sort of can’t wait.
Oh! And I need to start working on my 2023 TBR list. Lists I will be looking at:
- Readers’ most anticipated 2023 books from Goodreads
- Wired: Best books of 2022
- NYT: Best books of 2022
- Modern Mrs Darcy: Favorite books of 2022
PS: BOBW’s 2023 Goals Ep is up! I love recording this episode yearly, and I love listening to other goals eps! Have you heard a good one (from any podcast)? Please share!