1- My daily checklist is really helping my sanity right now.
2- I am now deep into The Topeka School by Ben Lerner, which is dark yet compelling. It took me over 70 pages to really get into it, but now I am thinking about times in the day when I may be able to sneak in some reading. A telltale mark of a good book. My Q2 reading list is shaping up! Anyone have any recent favorites to recommend? The escape into a book (or show/movie/etc) is ever so important right now!
3- I am wondering if I will be able to continue to do some of my GME work remotely after this is all over. I am actually finding it more efficient doing the work without people interrupting me all day! And saving the commute time is pretty awesome too (my commute is ~30 min each way in traffic which isn’t terrible, but it’s something!).
On the downside, I miss my dual-monitor setup that I have at work.
4- Some podcast episodes that I have found helpful/enjoyable recently:
- The Happiness Lab – Coronavirus BONUS: Keep Your Relationship Healthy
- The Mom Hour – A Week of Real-Life Dinner (COVID-19 Edition)
- Focus on This – 5 Tips for Staying Focused While Working From Home
- The Life Coach School Podcast – What You Can Control
- Lead to Win – How to Be Resilient in Tough Times
5- 3 good things from yesterday: C was reasonably focused and I was able to help him with “school” for about an hour; I took a walk in PERFECT weather, and I was able to spend a decent chunk of time reading in bed last night (and still got 7.5 hours of sleep).