- 6 mi long(ish) run. Felt decent despite 80F / 82% humidity. (Also a 20 min Strength for Runners class and a 20 min yoga class on the Peloton app, a ‘stack’ on Saturday.)
- activity signups (to the extent possible) and uniform purchases. Annabel made a last minute plea to retry ballet, which she has not done since she was ~6. I found a beginner class that was 8+ — not the easiest thing to find! Luckily the studio is close by.
- school supply shopping – though only A’s list appeared to a true complete list. I got a some random extra basics (pencils, crayons, glue sticks) for the other two and hope I won’t have to grab too many things last minute.
- uniform replenishment, both the logo tops and the plain bottoms we needed. We had a decent number of salvageable pieces which is good since the price of everything has doubled, or close to it
- kid shoe replenishment (including much-begged-for Crocs. Yes apparently they are ‘in’ or something. I guess it’s better than being asked for Yeezys . . .
We also ate out for dinner (Havana’s, a last minute pivot b/c the sushi place was too crowded – but it was great!), got water ice (Jeremiah’s), and hit up Urban Air because it is active but air conditioned. The kids loved it so much I am tempted to buy a membership because otherwise it’s irritatingly expensive per visit. I feel like my credit card was run so many times in the past 24 hours it should have melted; we are keeping the Broward County economy going apparently.
It has been a really full weekend and I have truly enjoyed it, even though Josh is on call. It is a far cry from those J-CALL weekends when I felt miserable and overwhelmed, and I think it’s AALLL about the kids’ ages (mostly not having a toddler to chase around or an infant to nurse).
STILL TO DO:
- Make dinner (pineapple teriyaki chicken w snow peas + rice)
- Put week plan up on the board
- Help G clean up her room (or not)
- Make G’s lunch (she has 3 days left of camp and then that’s it!)
- Decide on August goals