Mostly keep doing what I’m doing!
I sat down to write out October goals yesterday (yep – I don’t always complete my monthly reviews RIGHT at the start of a new month, and that’s okay!).
And I . . . didn’t really have a lot of ideas, which initially felt kind of odd! On reflecting further I think it is because Nov/Dec are going to contain an explosion of BIG THINGS (trips! marathon! BLP Live! BLP home! holidays! etc!) and so October is going to be largely a month of preparation to help the next couple of months be as smooth as possible.
Knowing what is currently in the works + upcoming, I realized that October not the time to start anything new – it’s more like a time to remain strong in the middle portion of things going on. This realization actually made me feel more calm. I have time to prepare and that is good!
Things I Will Continue:
- Marathon training: I suspect my Peak Week (I guess this is a thing?) will be in November, but by the time October ends, the race will be less than 6 weeks away!
- Work focus: Finishing the planning process for BLP Live (mostly just need to order food, get workbooks printed — design looks awesome so far, and some other finishing touches). I do have a lovely coordinator helping me with some of the logistics (and she’ll also be on-site at the conference!) and I’m REALLY glad I made that choice!
- Another work focus: Generally staying on top/ahead regarding recording etc by planning my weeks + months out in advance
- Focus on home rhythms: HW time + bedtime. Also Sunday routines. Things have been decent but I continue to want to work with the HW piece (mostly the planning ahead part!!)
Few Things I am Adding:
- Reach out to podcasts that may be planning ahead to see if anyone wants a planning/planner aficionado. I am generally a more desired guest in January or September (compared to March or June!).
- Travel planning: I purposefully neglected this for a bit because I wanted to ensure some budget recovery after our Alaska trip! We are keeping winter break low key, but I do need to catch up on booking flights for an upcoming college friends trip (yay!), our marathon (!), AND start thinking about summer 2024. ALSO need to figure out when to visit to visit my parents/sister/niece.
That’s mostly it! Keeping it simple this month. As usual I will be reading / trying to ward off excessive screen use / doing my usual daily habits.
Also, fun stuff!
The month was looking a little bleak — we do have one weekend in the Keys planned (work conference for Josh) but other than that, it looked kind of like . . . a lot of call. Upon noting this, I took the only free Saturday night and got us tickets to Into the Woods playing locally – I was in that show as a college student (actually the baker was played by this now-famous actor; sadly the 1999 production did not make his wikipedia bio!) and have major nostalgia.
(I played Rapunzel, cast more for my voice than any acting skills because I’m not a very good actress)
ANYWAY, I booked that and I love having this little bright spot in the month to look forward to!