Yesterday was indeed a better day. (Whew!)
Things that helped: Sticking to the schedule, getting up early, completing my self-care rituals, setting finite goals for the day, incorporating little treats (walk outside, reading), staying OFF of CNN (I don’t think I went once!), and focusing on the present.
As promised, here is a brief review of my Q1 goals (Quintile 1= Jan 1 to end of sping break), many of which now sound ridiculous!
- Book NC tickets – yes, HA!
- Book Fall trip – yes, I guess time will tell if this was for nought
- Complete 2019 phonebook – nope! Deferring to Q2
- Plan C’s bday party – yes, and it was a success!
- Plan A’s bday party – yes, but it was cancelled (but the credit is good for a full year so hopefully her ice skating party dreams will eventually be realized)
- Hire weekend AM babysitter – yes, but no longer using due to social distancing
- Finalize camp plans – I signed A up for camp, but who knows if camp will happen (plus, our county has suggested the school year may be extended squeezing camp into a short duration)
- Mani/pedi each month – was going well until COVID19. I am now determined to learn how to do a decent version at home, though!
- At least one massage – check
- Book spring hair appt – check but not happening
- New bras/underwear – check! I refreshed that drawer and am happy with it
- Order jeans to try – attempted x 1 but did not fit well and sent back
- Start curriculum review project (sort of but now tabled by major temporary curricular changes due to COVID19)
- Start evals instructions – nope, still need to do
- Faculty newsletter – I started one! But have not sent regularly
- Work on time blocking – yes, and continuing to improve
- Consider coaching program (ie to learn to officially coach others) – I thought about doing this but decided I have too much else going on right now
- Newsletter launch – ALMOST! All parts are in place including a bonus PDF I created, waiting for the wordpress genius I hired to finish 🙂
- Spend 4 half-days dedicated to book proposal – ha, no
- Meditation app – yes! Started, stopped, and restarted. On an 11-day streak with headspace currently
- Skincare – most yes
- Reading – yes though I had a slump mid-march (lack of reading books = sign my mental health is not in great shape)
- Batch email and feedly – not really
- Return to YNAB – yes!
- Fitness – focused on running and then in past 2.5 weeks did 21 day fix. This wasn’t my original goal, but I am happy with it!
I haven’t set my Q2 goals yet (Quintile 2) but I am going to give them some thought.